Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Little Orphan Annie

Kate with her dance buddies...

The Just For Kix Spring Recital was Saturday. Kate's dance class did a routine to the song "It's a Hard Knock Life" from the musical Annie. Parents made costumes similar to the movie. Kate was definitely the most color-coordinated orphan in the class. Guess I couldn't resist making her cute with the hot pink bandanna and patched pants.
The dancers love the kick lines!
The show was wonderful and all the children did a great job. I have many more pictures to post from the show, so stay tuned!
It is a hard knock life, isn't it?!

6 comments:

Karen Combes said...

Looks like fun!!!

Is that the same dance the Kay and Ky did, too??

Angela said...

I absolutely loved Annie when I was growing up. I watched it multiple times a week and my sister and I made dance routines up to perform for my parents. We had so much fun. It's such a classic!!! It really looks like they are having a ton of fun. Your daughter is beautiful!!!

angela said...

cute!!
i loved it too! i saw it at the music circus with my aunt in sacramento on a rotating stage!!! i was ten and decided then and there to someday get married on a rotating stage!!
ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

adorable!
Hey are you going to Haiti next month?
It's Sara's birthday and I would love to send a little something for her.

you can email me if you are
jleevradenburg@sbcglobal.net

CG said...

I'm a huge Annie fan, as well. This is just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

It was so darn cute!! Maybe one of my favorite dances of the year!!


Karen....this is the one the girls were in.....Kylee was Miss Hannigan!