Thursday, October 18, 2007

Patience...


I am learning patience through this adoption process. I always thought of myself as a patient person. I am a mom of three children, was a teacher of 25 nine and ten year olds, and the wife of a surgeon. I have learned to go with the flow and let things go. I carefully choose my battles and realize life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

As we prepare the mountains of paperwork for Jonathan's adoption, I am learning I am at the mercy of government officials, professionals and the USPO. These people work at such a different pace. I find myself wondering and worrying, waiting for letters in the mail, praying for approvals and wishing phone messages are returned. There is absolutely nothing I can do about this process and I am learning this more and more each day.

This is all good and I know God is forever taking care of this entire situation. I am to learn lots during this journey and I know one of those things is patience. Not only do I need to be patient with the people and process of the adoption, but I need hold tight onto my faith in the Lord. God has a wonderful plan for Jonathan ~ I truly believe this. I have to remind myself to trust in God. God is in control and will work in His time!

Today is our first meeting with the social worker. I pray all goes as God plans. I will listen carefully to my heart as He places the answers there for me during our interview. The good Lord has already place Jonathan in my heart. That is enough to show me of His faithfulness, devotion and provisions!

I pray God blesses each of you as He has blessed our family and little Jonathan.

Hugs!
Colleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

Praying for you today. It will be fine. I read a good book during our "waiting"....Experiencing God. It was helpful and timely for me.

I will be praying today!
Hugs
Karla

livingpurereligion said...

Thanks, Colleen, for the encouragement you gave to me the other day. I really needed it! It looks like we are starting this process at about the same time. It will be wonderful to travel this road together.

Love, Cara