Friday, October 19, 2007

If...

...prayer and faith can move mountains, then I will get through the hill of paperwork!!!

Yesterday Mike and I met with Laura, our social worker for our adoption homestudy. As she explained the process to us, she handed us form after form we were to complete. By the end of our one-hour appointment, I had a stack of papers almost 2 inches thick...

My first reaction would usually be to scream or cry; however, I had no desire to do so. I feel so okay, at peace and unalarmed with it all. This adoption process is definitely not an easy one. There is so much paperwork to complete, appointments to make and deadlines to meet. It is certainly understandable if anyone going through this were to freak out, melt down or lose a sense of calmness. I am; however, okay with all there is to do. I know I will get through it taking it one piece of paper, one appointment and one step at a time. It will get done.

I have to say I owe my peace to the Lord. Two months ago, I decided to give our adoption idea to God. Once I surrendered my worries, wonders and concerns to Him, I have seen first hand just how faithful God is to us! He led us to a definitive decision about adoption, placed Jonathan in our lives soon after, and is helping see us through the process. I truly believe God is standing right beside us as we work on adopting Jonathan.

Who couldn’t see this process as something very do-able when it is all for one beautiful, wonderful AND…...MOST ADORABLE REASON!!!


.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

I am so glad that it went well for you all!! There is a lot of paper work etc but it will be sooooo worth it. You have a great attitude already, so you will be fine!!!

Also, you know that I am here to help!!

Hugs
Karla

I can't wait to hear about their trip either. I keep trying to call them to see if they are in the states yet!!!

kaitlyn said...

Colleen-
Thank you for sharing how you have surrendered the whole adoption process to the Lord. It is an encouragement to me. So often I try to take control of situations in my life by worrying about them, but it's so much better when I give them to God and really trust Him.
I was so blessed to spend another week with your beautiful son. I can't wait for you two to meet each other. I told him his mommy and daddy were coming soon!
Love,
Kaitlyn

CG said...

God is teaching me this same lesson over and over and over again. I can fill out a form or make a call, but who knows when the reply will come? It's all in His hands!

BTW, I LOVE this picture of Jonathan!