Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Loop-D-Loop Kind Of Day!


Some days seem like a roller coaster ride. Days on the way up the hill are full of fun times, laughter and lot happening. The coast down can be dreary days of trying to get something done when in turn nothing gets accomplished. Today was one of those days when I was cruising at warp speed down the hill ~ upside down and in a spiral turn. The huge list of things I had to do and planned to get done flew out the coaster car as I looped around the turn.

Kate stayed home sick today. She had a stomach ache during breakfast this morning, so I decided to keep her home. Normally, I would send her to school hoping she wouldn't yak up her rice crispies on or near her teacher, but knowing she had been sick on the cruise I thought maybe she was really under the weather....

...By the time 11 o'clock rolled around this morning, Kate was jumping on my bed signing along with Ariel on the TV. I figured then I could have sent her to school without a concern for her christening her teacher with her breakfast. It was also by then I realized I had to cancel my hair appointment, forget about the trip to Sam's Club and stick to the laundry later on. However, I had a blast today. The roller coast ride was fun-filled spending the day with my little girl. It was like old times of watching cartoons, fixing lunch together and playing with my sweetie.

So, the roller coaster ride of life does have its ups and downs. We can always count on those up days to be followed by swoops downward. As long as we hold on tight and take it for what it is, the ride can be fun!

Thanks for a great day, Kate! And, although you will be going back to school tomorrow, I cherish days like today!

No comments: