Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome, Baby Jacob!!!


One of my dearest friends had her first baby yesterday. Jacob Joseph came into this world in the afternoon on Saturday, September 22, 2007 weighing 7 lbs. and 20 inches long. He is darling, and Mommy Michelle is doing great and proud Daddy Scott couldn’t be happier.

So, after hearing the great news, my dad asked me if I felt old? I immediately responded with’ “No way. You’re only as old as ya feel!” Ya see I grew up babysitting Michelle and her sisters. I was 10 when I started watching the girls and did so all through college. Kellie, Michelle and MariKate were like my little sisters and my second family. They would stay with me on Siblings Weekend at ISU and were all junior bride maids in my wedding. Even my Kate is named after MariKate. These girls have a very special place in my heart! I have memories shared with them I hold dear to me and love them more than words can describe!

Sure, we are all getting older ~ I know by the increasing number of candles on my birthday cake each year. And, yes, it was surreal to watch Michelle and Kellie walk down the isle on their wedding day. And even more heart-warming knowing MariKate is now a nurse helping “fix” children in the ER as I did once for her when she would fall at the park and skin her knee. However, not because they are growing up or I am getting older. Life is full of changes ~ every day new beginnings take place and milestones are met. The experiences don’t make me older ~ just more in awe of the miracle of life and all God graciously blesses us with each day!

Welcome, Baby Jacob! I cannot wait to meet you, little buddy! Michelle and Scott, I couldn’t be happier for the two of you! I pray you have many blessed days filled with joy as you raise your son. Nothing can compare to the feelings of parenthood and I wish you only love, happiness and health for your family! I love you guys!

Hugs!
Colleen

No comments: