Monday, July 16, 2007

Mike and His Black Hat...


I wanna drink that shot of whiskey
I wanna smoke that cigarette
I wanna smell that sweet addiction on my breath
I wanna ride across West Virginia in the back seat of a Cadillac
You know some cowboys like me go out like that
So I need you like a needle needs a vein
Like my uncle Joe in Oklahoma needs a rain
And I need you like a lighthouse needs the coast
Like the Father and the Son need the Holy Ghost
I need you...
~Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

It was probably the most romantic concert we will ever attend! Who knew Tim McGraw and Faith Hill would turn a song about drinking a shot of whiskey and smoking a cigarette into the most romantic duet on stage? I don't know how it could be, but they made it happen. Maybe it was all the woman and young girls in the audience screaming for Tim? Who knows, but it sure made the last song of the night a memorable one!

We had a fabulous time in Chicago. And although the concert was spectacular and I even caught Mike tapping his toes once or twice, I have to say spending the evening with old friends was the highlight! And, thinking back to some of Tim and Faith's lyrics makes me remember how much we miss staying in touch with good friends like the Fish Peeps.

So, I certainly hope this website brings us closer and more connected to all of you. Life gets busy for all of us, but it is so important to remember who we are, where we come from and who we met along the way. 'Cuz no matter what...

...In my heart there'll always be a place for you, for all my life
I'll keep a part of you with me,

And everywhere I am there you'll be...
~Faith Hill

Hugs!
Colleen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice

mickey

Anonymous said...

Funny....Mike looks just like Tim McGraw. Must be the five o'clock shadow thing he has going on.... Nice hat, however!

Anonymous said...

Colleen,

This is such a great idea! I love the updates and the pictures.

Where is the summer going? We need to get together.....

Lindsay