Monday, July 23, 2007

A Stone From the Rock River....


Well, I spent the last 2 days in the hospital. Seems that last kidney stone wanted out of my body. I woke Mike early Saturday...there was just no way I could go through this again drug-free. We were at the cabin ready for a fun weekend on the river. Tim was ready to take another crack at wake boarding and the girls wanted to swim in the hot tub. (As you can see, he's a pro at knee boarding now!) They all said I won the prize for party-pooper this time.

So, the kids spent Saturday and Sunday hanging out with Mike while I endured shots of narcotics to ease the pain. They stopped by once and a while to say hi in between my doses of percocet. The girls followed Mike to Kevin Eyster's benefit and tried winning some Creative Memories baskets - go figure?! Mom could have just given them the stickers.... Mike figured it was going to a good cause I guess.

I ended up leaving the hospital Sunday night - I just could not take another meal of roast beef. The stone still has not passed, so I am at home taking percocet waiting and waiting... Ya'd think with all this pain, that darn stone would want out. I'll know more tomorrow what the game plan will be after Mike talks to the urologist. Fun times!

Meg and Tim are at Stronghold's day camp this week. Kate and I were supposed to finish decorating her room and do some kindergarten school supply shopping. Hopefully we will be able to go before the week's end. She is just dying to get that rest mat and backpack.

My fingers are crossed we will get Tim up on the wake board this coming weekend on the Rock River. Until then, we just pray I pass this stone....
Hugs!
Colleen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen:

I just stumbled across your blog!! I sure hope that you feel better soon.

Looking forward to getting together, but only if you feel better!!

Karla