Saturday, July 14, 2007

...Back When...

...I want the flattop strumming
Give me an old wurly humming
Oh, just keep it coming the way it was back then....
~Tim McGraw

Mike and I are off to a weekend of romance and fun! It's been over a year since we have had some "us" time away from the kids, work and craziness of every day. Although Mike isn't certain the schedule of events is what he'd like, it'll be good to get away and reconnect.

We're heading to the city this morning ~ to take a walk down memory lane. It's hard to believe it's been over 10 years since med school and living in Chicago. We're staying at the Sheraton Hotel on the Chicago River in good ol' Streeterville. It should bring back lots of memories of fun times living near Michigan Avenue. Although Mike sees no romantic side to staying around the corner from our downtown apartment, Colleen is determined to find the "spark!" :)

After a tour of Northwestern's medical school campus and walk along the lake, we will be off to the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert. It'll be a great time hanging out at the United Center reminiscing about watching the Bull's and Michael Jordan court-side. Before the concert, we will meet up with some friends ~ Michelle and Kellie Fischer and their husbands (now I am feeling really old realizing I am still referring to the girls as the "Fischers") for some dinner and childhood stories. There will be tons of laughs I am sure before we all drag Mike kicking and screaming to the concert. Little does he know I plan to make him wear a cowboy hat! HA!

The kids will stay home with Papa for the night. Hopefully they will have as much fun as us (or at least me...) I promised Mike some Uno's pizza before we head home, so hopefully it'll all be worth it for him in the end.

....Don't you remember the fizz in a pepper
Peanuts in the bottle at ten two and four
A fried bologna sandwich with mayo and tomatoes
Sitting at the table don't happen much no more
We've gotten too complicated,
It's all way overrated
I love the old and outdated way of life....

Hugs!
Colleen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike at at Country concert.....I would pay good money to see that!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome time to me....sans the country crap! (:

Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen,
How was the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert? I bet it was alot of fun. We had fun at Niagara Falls. Remind me to tell you all about Elvis Fest. Talk to you soon!! Trena