Sunday, May 18, 2008

Praying...


...that this little guy's birth certificate is in Jean Nathan's hands soon! We love you, Daniel, and hope to be able to share some *wonderful news* with you in June.

Our dossier is in Haiti; hopefully being prepared for First Legal. In June, Mike and I will attend our DHS meeting for Jonathan. As long as Daniel's birth certificate has arrived, our dossier will then be ready for IBESR. We pray everything works out and we can get things rolling with the boys' adoptions.

We have also waited to tell Daniel we would like to adopt him. As he is currently a ward of social services, TA's does not have guardianship to him. Once TA's has custody of Daniel (and has his birth certificate), he will be available to adopt. It is then when *we can tell him we want to make him our son.* I pray we are able to do so in June when Tim, Meg and Kate are there with us!

While I visited Angel House a few weeks ago, I spent quality time with Daniel. We played games, read books, did crafts and shared lots of hugs. By the end of the trip, he was calling me *Mama*. My heart was filled with joy as I heard him say that. We continue to pray each day that the Lord will provide for this sweet, little boy. We pray Daniel will be able to become a part of our family and I can tell him I AM his *mama*!

7 comments:

CG said...

Oh how sweet! I'll be praying you get to tell him, too! That's such a cute photo. I also can't wait 'til your paperwork gets moving... praying you'll jump right in to IBESR after your visit!

Karen Combes said...

praying with you! what a handsome young man!

Anonymous said...

Praying with you too Colleen!! He is so darn cute!!! I can't wait for your June trip!!

Sarah and Tim said...

Colleen, You have 2 sweet little boys! I too pray for Daniel's birth cert to show up soon! He has a special place in my heart, and I could not be happier that you are his Mama!

livingpurereligion said...

I'll pray for Daniel's birth certificate if you'll pray for Becca's!?! It looks like we are very much in the SAME boat!

Hopefully we'll be entering IBESR together very soon!

Kathy Eden said...

I am praying! He KNOWS you're his mama...they can "sense" it. I can't wait until you can tell him.

angela said...

you're taking all the kids?!!! colleen! that is amazing! how wonderful! i can't wait to hear all about it!! i'm so excited.

(was that obvious?!)