Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh, Little Brothers....

Yesterday Tim and Megan performed at their piano recital. (I will post about that later.) We were enjoying refreshments with the other families after the performance. There was a family there with four children. All the kids were our children's age; however, they also had a three year old little boy. His name is Troy.

Troy is a "stitch!" He is such a little character and full of energy. He makes us laugh to no end. As a matter of fact, Troy is the little boy who always keeps me entertained during church and boy scout meetings. He just cracks me up with all he has to say. I get such a kick out of the fact that he is always on the go. (Not to mention his mom and dad who are constantly chasing after him!) He reminds me so much of Tim.

We were all sitting around the table enjoying some post-recital treats, as well as thoroughly enjoying Troy's entertainment. Tim just could not stop laughing and was in amazement of Troy's one-liners and funny remarks about everything! At one point, Tim looked at me and said, "He is such a funny kid, Mom!"

I replied, "Little brothers can be so funny. It's going to be just like this when your brothers are home, ya know."

Tim smiled and said, "I can't wait!"

*** Tim loves his sisters, but there is nothing like the love and friendship brothers share! Tim is going to make the BEST big brother to Daniel and Jonathan. I cannot wait to see them together. June cannot come soon enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim will be the best big brother...he is just a neat kid Colleen!!! I love how he is always so nice to our girls. Some boys his age, wouldn't give little kids the time of day.

Man, I wish I was on the June trip to Haiti!!!

Love ya

CG said...

I can't wait for June, either, but I really can't wait for when they both come home forever and Tim gets to be that big brother to them!!

angela said...

sweet! it will be great to watch those relationships start to bud!