Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So Much to Say!

It's been a busy week here. The girls had their Spring Dance Recital, Kate began t-ball, Tim spent a day touring Illinois' capital, and Megan lost a tooth... I could go on and on. However, I will save each fun time for other posts. Today I will post some of the other exciting news for our entire family...

Our I171h approval FINALLY arrived!!! After several months of waiting and a revision of our home study, we finally have approval from our government to pursue the adoption of Daniel and Jonathan. YAHOOOOOO!!!!
It could not have come at a better time. I am going to be going down to Haiti next Saturday ~ assuming all is quiet down there. There is a team of adoptive parents traveling to the orphanage for a week of work and fun, and I was able to squeeze into a spot. I will be able to hand-deliver our entire dossier. Hopefully, soon after, things will get rolling on the Haitian side of the adoption process.

Thank you to everyone who has listened to my whining, prayed and hoped along with our family. We certainly appreciate all of your support and love during this journey. We still have a long road ahead of us; however, we have made it past one of the big turns down the adoption highway.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Praise God! I'm thrilled for you, Colleen!

Angela said...

Yeah!!!! That's great news. :)

Sarah and Tim said...

YIPEE!!! What awsesome news! I am sooo happy for you all.

Kathy Eden said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! That's awesome! You get to meet my hubby :o)

angela said...

yay yay yay!!

CG said...

I'm so happy for you, Colleen! Enjoy your trip!!