Monday, April 14, 2008

How Funky Is Your Chicken?

What is with that word anyway? Funky? Funkiest? Funk? I have decided I don’t like the word.

Seems like so many of us are in a “funk” lately. So many of us bloggers write about being down in the dumps. Many of my friends say they are depressed lately. And, I know I have been in an awful mood for some time now. I know I could grab my bible, find some scripture and read how God is with us through thick and thin. I also know if I sat down and took time to think about it, I could figure out why I am so bummed out. However, right now I just want to acknowledge the “funks” ~ PERIOD!

I also think it is about time we, the “funked,” unite and conquer!!!

There is so much going on in our everyday lives. We are just plain busy with running here and there. So little time is devoted to ourselves. Our over-booked schedules make life crazy, tiring and difficult at times. Day in and day out, we run full-speed trying to accomplish our list of things to do. Yet it seems our list never ends. Life is just too darn hectic a majority of the time. We need time to recharge. We need time to let off some steam. We need time to just sit back and relax. We need this, our bodies need this and certainly our minds need this! If we continue to run on fumes, we will never get ahead, let alone catch up.

I have decided to make every Friday “Let the Funk Out Day” for EVERYONE! Including you!!! This means we all must take some time for ourselves. Whether it is five minutes, an hour, half the day, or if we are lucky enough, the entire day, we will take some time to devote to ourselves in some way. These means you can go for a walk, spend time with a friend, go out to lunch, take a nap, go shopping, or anything you would like to do. You can choose to do whatever will get you out of your funk.

So, we will begin this Friday as our very first “Let the Funk Out” Day with a celebration of us and our rekindled spirits. No matter what you choose to do to help lift your mood, do it! We all deserve to slow down and relax. We deserve it!
I look forward to hearing what everyone chose to do to celebrate this newfound day for ourselves. It’ll be fun to know what everyone did to recharge and relax, as well as spread some good cheer about how good it made us feel. Cuz’ it’s time to get out of these funks we are in!

Don’t you agree???

1 comment:

Kathy Eden said...

That's an awesome idea Colleen!