Monday, March 17, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Stephania!

Stephania is an orphan currently waiting for a forever family at Angel House. She is a three year old with the sweetest personality and contagious giggle. Her smile melts everyone's heart!
Stephania is a child with special needs and has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. She has been fortunate enough to have visits from American doctors and physical therapists who have trained the staff to work with and care for her. This has been a true blessing for such a wonderful little girl. In addition to needing a mama and papa, Stephania is in need of some medical equipment to meet her physical needs. She is a very healthy little girl and continues to grow. As she becomes taller, the baby and toddler equipment available at the orphanage is no longer adequate.
After a recent medical exam, it was recommended that Stephania use a therapeutic chair and stander to help her become stronger and continue to develop. It is certain that this equipment will make a big difference for her positioning and quality of life. As all medical equipment is costly, the therapists were hoping to get demo models donated to Three Angels. At this time, it has proven difficult to get this equipment donated. However, we have found someone willing to get the equipment to us at a very reasonable and reduced cost. I have made it my personal goal to raise the money needed to purchase this equipment for Stephania. Although fundraising is not my forte, I know our good Lord will provide for His sweet child. So, if any of you out there, my faithful blog readers, have any ideas on how I can go about raising $1000 for Stephania, please let me know!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

I was thinking about how some people have donation pages on their blog site....could you do something like that?

Also, you have so many friends, in person and in blog land...I bet we could do it!!

Hugs

Karen Combes said...

She has such a beautiful smile and such a sweet disposition! Let me know how I can help!
Karen

Shannon H. said...

We did a coin drive at our church with the children's ministry. About $850 was raised over 2 weeks just from the youngin's help.

I found cute little mini-milk jugs for them to take home to fill up. We printed a 3A's label to stick on them with instructions to return on a certain date. It was super easy and a great way for kiddos to get involved.

I've also sold my stuff on eBay when we have been short or needed something specific for the school. It's like a virtual garage sale!

When I first started with Three Angels I held a 'Party with a Purpose'. You know those Pampered Chef parties or Candle parties? Well this was a spin off on that idea.

CG said...

The Lord will provide the equipment she needs, but more importantly, a family! Praying!!!!