Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Needing Patience...Again!


So, here we are beginning week #6 of waiting... Here we are waiting for the government to send our adoption approval letter... Here I am asking the Lord to lead me to patience, again....

I have decided I am no longer going to check the mailbox like I have been doing for a good 3 weeks now. My dad is usually the one to get the mail, so I am giving him his job back starting today. For the past three weeks, I go to our mailbox hoping to find our I171h, but there has been nothing. No letter, no envelope, no form ~ nothing!

So, now I am turning to the Lord and asking Him to help me seek the patience I need to get through this wait. We are at the mercies of our government and there is not a thing my concerns will do to change the situation.

I am done worrying, hoping and wishing. I know our I171h will come when it is time. God knows what He is doing and he will provide for our sweeties. So, until it arrives, I pray for patience and will place our completed dossier on the shelf in the closet. The mighty file will be safe and sound stored away, and I will not notice it "just" sitting there...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

That so reminds me of when we were waiting to hear that all our paperwork was done and the kids could come home.....see, I was leading a mission trip there and so wanted them to be able to come home with us.....I remember having a conversation with the Haitian worker, and it wasn't looking like they would come home with us. I hung up the phone and just gave it to God and truly had a peace about it. Well, as you know, they did come home with us that trip!

Keep trusting and it will happen!

Hugs

livingpurereligion said...

Taking a page from the Cara Green story... God may not be on our time table, but He is always RIGHT on time. He is working every single last detail out and is working it all for the good.

Could you remind me of this when it comes time for me to wait on all these important documents?!? I'm not too far behind you!

Angela said...

Oh, I so remember waiting for that piece of paper. I remember one time calling Michelle all excited because I thought I got it and then I found out it wasn't the right paper. I was devastated and driving myself crazy checking the mailbox everyday. I totally understand. Hang it there. It does come....usually when you stop looking. :)

Karen Combes said...

Praying for you, Colleen. I remember waiting for the last piece of paper to come from USCIS. That was all we needed before we could leave to go pick up Julia from Russia! I fretted and was so anxious for over two months! I just wanted her home. Rest assured, it DOES come and like Angela said, usually when you stop looking.
Praying for patience ;-)

angela said...

so not easy! but good work putting it in the Lord's hands! do it daily!!

Kathy Eden said...

I totally "hear" you. The girls paper came much later than expected & Caleb's came the afternoon of the day before our DHS appt...talk about pushing it :o) Praying that it will come very soon!

Kristina said...

Ahhh... I so remember. Hang in there, it will come and before you know it, your dossier will be in Haiti!

Kristina said...

Ahhh... I so remember. Hang in there, it will come and before you know it, your dossier will be in Haiti!

CG said...

Oh Colleen, I think you were quite smart to pass off the mailbox checking. I remember walking to it each day full of hope, praying like crazy... It was definitely obsessive! I still struggle with this today- just over different things. :) Thank you for being an example to me of putting faith in Him to take care of things. I ALWAYS need to be reminded of this.

He will bring that letter at just the right moment. Praying for you!