Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Relaxed and Recharged!

Well, we are back. Back home to reality of the everyday rat race of life. I am actually happy to be home. Although I was so sad to leave Cayman, the week was awesome. We had a great time together as a family relaxing, playing and enjoying each other’s company. It was just what we needed! And, now, I am happy to be home, recharged and motivated to move forward.

relaxed...!
I have to say this winter has been a tough one for me. It began so early this season and never ceased. We have had snow and ice since November and the temps have been bitter cold. I found myself questioning our relocation to the Midwest often. I live for sunny skies and beautiful surroundings; it lifts my spirits. Unfortunately, when snow never melts, it gets dirty black and looks so icky. It really depresses me to be outside looking at the mess and trudging through it all.


The past months have been a roller coaster ride for me emotionally, as well. I have been so happy being involved with Three Angels Children’s Relief. Being a part of such a wonderful mission helping so many people has brought me a sense of being again. Plus, we were able to meet our son, well sons now, and begin the journey of adoption. That is where the emotional part has gotten me. This adoption journey is so exciting, so thrilling, so exhausting and so intense at times. I never imagined I would actually travel such a crazy road of ups and downs. It is just tough some days. Some days I miss my boys so much! Some days, I long to visit Haiti being able to “help” and do what I believe God has intended for me. Other days are so exciting as we plan ahead as to what our lives will be like when the boys are finally home. The anticipation of future trips to Haiti on other days thrills me to no end. I love to be there!

I have also run fast and hard this school year volunteering as the PTO president. I so love to help out at my children’s school. My heart belongs to the kids! I struggled with the decision of whether or not to return to work now that Kate is in school full time. I miss teaching terribly and I miss being a part of the education process. So, volunteering at school does my heart good and does so much for all the children, teachers and school. However, this too can wear on a person after a while. Being tugged in a million directions and so many people needing help can really burn a person out. I am learning to balance my volunteering with other activities so that I continue to love doing it!

I think I really needed a week away from this reality to regroup, spend time with my kids and be by myself. I feel so refreshed and rested now. I am ready to take it all on again! Our dossier is ready to take to Haiti (once we get that one last form from the government) and the wait is on. Now is the time to focus on my family, have fun and plan and prepare to be a larger family.

recharged...!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

It sounds like you had a much needed vacation, filled with wonderful, relaxing family time! What a blessing.

Sarah and Tim said...

So glad that you are feeling refreshed! Warm sunny skies, the ocean smell, sounds good to me!!! Anyhow, Praying that you get that one last form needed for your adoption! I know it can be a rather tireing wait. Hang in there, were all with you!

Kathy Eden said...

Totally "hear" you about the cold & dark winters. I like living in the mid west but it would even be better if it were warm here during the winter :o)
Glad you got the rest & recharging that you needed! Praying that your paper work comes soon & you can submit all of it.

CG said...

Glad to have you back. Love the cat photos :)