Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Consulate General of Haiti, Consular Section: Chicago


It is official ~ our dossier is completely notarized, certified and authenticated! I drove into the city today to have our paperwork certified by the Consulate of Haiti. What an easy task that turned out to be! The gentleman in the office was so kind and speedy; I was there less than five minutes. By the time I took off my coat and began walking around the waiting area looking at all the artwork on the walls, he was back with the certified papers. ...Seems the Haitians may be a bit more punctual here in the US... ;-o

Tomorrow I will spend the morning making copies of our file and then it will be completely ready to go. Once that sweet I171h arrives in the mail, I will add it to the pile and package it up for its journey to Haiti. I am not exactly sure of its means of transportation just yet, but I pray it will be down there soon being prepared for first legal. :)

This is really a great day for our adoption process. I feel so relieved everything is complete and ready. Soon, the wait will be on the other side - the side of Haiti and its adoption system. I know it will be a long wait, but I will fill my time with trips to the O and getting our family ready to become larger by two!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I wondered when I saw Papa after school, if you were busy with adoption stuff! It is such a good feeling to have your dossier DONE and TURNED in....then, a different kind of waiting happens.

You are so blessed to be able to go over and see your boys frequently.

I am sooo happy for you all!

I was hoping to get to talk to Kate today after school, but all I managed was to yell hello across the street. Tell my little sweet friend hello! Tell your husband, I feel wonderful today!

Love and hugs

Karen Combes said...

Hurray, Colleen! Glad you got everything authenticated and ready to go to Haiti! It has to be a relief!
Blessings!!!
~Karen

Kathy Eden said...

Yeah...you're getting closer!!!

CG said...

Oh, isn't it just the best feeling ever to get DONE with that thing? Just wait til you turn it in! The relief will wash over you like warm sunshine. Then, as Karla said, the next kind of waiting begins. Praying for that I-171h!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful. I pray you get through. We were just denied by IBESR after waiting for over a year to adopt two little girls from Haiti.