Saturday, January 26, 2008

Change Your Life Challenge

Boy! I am so not sure what I got myself into here? I had this great idea from a friend (That would be you, Karen! Thanks!) to start a contest, challenge, game ~ whatever you would like to call it ~ to help motivate me to exercise and live a healthier life. So, with some of the ideas from Karen, I came up with this "biggest-loser-lets-change-our-lives" challenge and invited all my friends to join me. I thought I would get a bunch of people to get some teams together to challenge each other to eat healthier, exercise more and live a more active life. What better way to motivate ourselves than with accountability and peer pressure! Right?

The response turned out way better than I ever expected! We have 6 teams here in town ready to win. My own team is psyched and so ready for the challenge. They have a game plan and each one of them is determined to win ~ even me! Only thing is....

....we start tomorrow!

So, tomorrow I have to start eating better, exercising more (or just begin exercising for that matter) and being more conscience of my well-being. I have three other friends/teammates counting on me to stick with this and keep my promise. I will keep my promise, but...

...boy! What was I thinking...?

8 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

You can do this!!! Go Colleen!
I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm doing much better with the exercise, rest, & water parts but still struggling with food in general but I'm not giving up!

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

Good for you all!! I didn't take part since I am in Mike's deal already, but you go girl!!

Hugs
Karla

Ashly said...

That's awesome Colleen! God calls us to be good stewards of the bodies He has given us. They are His temple; we must take care of them. I pray your team bonds together and that you are a motivation to one another. Good luck! :)

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, Girls! Our good Lord knows I will need them through this. :)

Good to hear from you, Ashly! Hope you are settled after the mission.

Hugs!
Colleen

Karen Combes said...

Yay, Colleen!!! I am so glad you are doing this! I know the "team" approach is helping me very much. Mostly, I've committed this to God for His strength where I am so weak. Keep us posted on the results!
Love ya
Karen
ps Love the comic!

Angela said...

you go girl!!!

Karen Combes said...

How was day #1? Hope it went well for you!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

I am in now too!!! Changed my mind and decided to join you all!!

I love the comic......boy can I relate. I am hoping this challenge gets me exercsing!

Hugs
Karla