Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our Hearts Stolen Again!

Yes, we have another special little boy who has taken up a big part in our hearts. His name is Daniel and he is three years old. He lives at Angel House and we met him in November when we were on our medical mission.

Daniel was found wandering on the streets of Port au Prince in October. The director of Three Angels was at the office of Social Services when the police brought him in there. It was then when Social Services asked her if she would be willing to take Daniel to her orphanage. Certainly, she obliged.

As of right now, Daniel is in “limbo.” He is under the loving care of the people at Three Angels Children’s Relief; however, at any time Social Services can come and take him. There is a six-month waiting period before Daniel can be considered abandoned. Within that time, if his parents or family come to find him, he will go with them. Come May, if no one has claimed him, he will be declared an orphan and be available for adoption.

At the end of our week’s stay in Haiti, we realized Daniel was a very special little boy who we would like to make our son. He is sweet and quiet, loves to cuddle and thrives from attention. The more we spent time playing with and holding him, the more our fondness for him grew. As we were getting ready to depart Angel House to the airport on Saturday morning, I just knew in my heart we would seek to adopt Daniel.

Upon our return to the States, I contacted the orphanage director to let her know we would like to adopt Daniel if he is still available after the six months. We have a long wait ahead of us; however, we have faith God will do what is best for this sweet boy. For now, we pray for Daniel to grow strong and continue to be safe and loved at Angel House.



2 comments:

Beth said...

He's beautiful!! I can see why you're in love. We'll be in prayer for him and God's plan for his precious life.

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I'm going to take the garlic pills with me (I may actually start taking them before I leave so I'll be extra repulsive to the mosquitos). ;o)

Angela said...

oh my gosh, I got a chance to meet him in October when he came in. He is such a sweet little boy!!