Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thank Goodness That's Over!

(sigh!)

Back-To-School night was tonight at the children's school. It's a night where all parents are invited to meet the teachers and discuss the curriculum, class rules and all other important details for the school year. It is also the night when PTO desperately pleads for needed volunteers, passes out materials (which I know very well no one reads any of it) and advertises the BIG fundraiser ~ all with a HUGE smile! Being the PTO president again this year, it's the one big event for me to organize. I am sooooo glad it is over. I have spent the last 2 weeks making copies, collating packets and preparing; but now it's done! Yahoo!

So, now it's on to bigger and better things ~~~ BEING A MOM! I have noticed recently that having a third and a fourth grader is way more demanding than last year. There is way more homework, way more studying time and way more stuff to do for school. Not only that, but after school activities have become more demanding. The kids really need to be at sports practice, really shouldn't miss a meeting and really need to keep up with their commitments. So, now it is time for me to step up and keep them going... We are going to be in need of a consistent homework schedule along with fitting in the extra curricular activities.

It's a lot of work! And, I revisited my reoccurring thought today of how BLESSED I am a stay-at-home mom ! They need me and I am so lucky I can be there for them! Everyone who knows me knows I periodically torture myself with the fact that I miss teaching. However, when I think about working, I always come back to the same conclusion that I want to be here for my kids. So, as homework time has increased this school year and we now have 3 kids in after school activities, I am so thankful I am able to take care of their every need whenever they need!

I love my little bambinos and love their busy lives! Well, I don't like all the busyness, but I do love taking care of them!

Hugs!
Colleen

No comments: