Monday, August 20, 2007

My Tater-Tot!


All kidding aside, I am very torn about my little Tater-Tot going off to Kindergarten. Kate will be six this October, so I know it is very much time for her to enter elementary school, make lots of new friends and learn all she can. I also know she has spent every day with me for the past 5 and a 1/2 years and has become "Little Colleen." It's definitely time for her to become her own person. (And I cannot wait to see who that is!) However, there is a big side of me that is going to miss my little peanut and all we have done together. We have had our days all to ourselves for over three years now while Meg and Tim have been in school. There has been lots we have done together that will soon be a memory only in my heart...

There is so much I will miss with "Kate and Mom" time each day...
~Cartoon watching snuggled in bed after Tim and Meg leave for school.
~Listening to your voice while you play and I shower to get ready for our day.
~Seeing the outfit you chose so carefully to coordinate with mine.
~Making breakfast together and eating on the porch while we watch the dogs run in the yard.
~Grocery shopping, Walmart shopping and going to Halmark to pick out cards for friends.
~Sneaking into Daddy's office to surprise him with a hug.
~Meeting Daddy for lunch.
~Walking to and playing at the park with friends.
~Dropping you off at preschool and being told to "leave" as you were ready to play with friends.
~Taking naps together.
~Picking up Meg and Tim from school after playing on the swings outside.

These are wonderful memories I will keep so close to my heart as my little baby girl has now grown more. I am so thrilled to see Kate off to kindergarten on Thursday. Although it'll be a morning of mixed emotions, I know it is time to see her enter a new phase of her life!


Katie, darling, I pray for only good things to happen to you as you enter kindergarten. I know God will be with you each and every day as you venture out under the wings of the new lady in your life ~ Mrs. McWethy. God is going to lead you to learn great things this year and guide you through the new experiences you will soon encounter. I hope you have so much fun and enjoy every day at Tilton School. You are a wonderful little girl and will make so many new friends. I look forward to hearing your stories about them and all your learn each day at school. I know you will do your very best and be on your best behavior. You are a good, little girl and I am so proud of you already! Have a wonderful school year in kindergarten, Tater-Tot!

I love you the most in the whole-wide world!
Mommy

1 comment:

T and T Livesay said...

Hi guys-
I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment --- and tell you that WE FEEL your pain ... or I do (tara) -- sending Hope and Ike off on Sept 4 will be SO WEIRD and hard and sad.

Then Britt leaves ... moms have hard jobs! Wish they could stay babies forever.