Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm Free!

The kids begin school Tuesday ~ even Kate! She will be entering kindergarten this year. All-day kindergarten if I may add. My baby is all grown up! This also means all the kids will be gone from 8 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. EVERY DAY! So, I will have all this time to myself. Yahoo! I can’t wait!

The first thing I plan to do is catch up on laundry. There has to be a good 12 loads waiting to be washed, dried, folded and put away. I even have it written on the calendar for the week. I don’t want to schedule anything else until I get it all done. Then, I plan to go through all our personal paperwork and organize it. I want it all categorized and alphabetized. When I pull open that file cabinet drawer, it’ll be so easy to find anything needed. I even plan to type out the labels so it looks super neat! Continuing on with this organizational thing, I plan to go into the play/craft room and go through every single toy and craft supply. If we don’t play with it, it’s going in the donate pile. If we use it, it’s going to find a tidy home in a new container or drawer. The room is going to have “Clean Sweep” written all over it!

After I accomplish those few tasks, I plan to get into every single closet like a gang buster. Any clothes that don’t fit will be handed down. The same goes for the shoes. Plus, all alike things will be grouped together so they will be easy to find on school day mornings. Once that is done it will be onto the garage. There are piles of summer toys and boxes of stored junk I will weed through and organize or toss. Hoping to build a couple of shelves, I want to get everything off the floor as well. I’ve gotta get that garage ready for the winter mess! As soon as this is complete, I am going to get Tim’s room moved to the basement. I have promised him a “cool kid’s” room with camouflage and new furniture. Poor guy still has our old garage sale finds to store his p.j.s and socks… How cool will that be, however, to paint camo on the wall! Then of course, I will reorganize his old room upstairs back into the office/guest room it once was. That means I will have to repaint the walls after endless caulking of every tack hole from all of Tim’s posters.

Oh! I almost forgot! I have lots to do at the school this year. I am once again PTO president, so there are many tasks on that list, too, that need to be accomplished. First we have Back-to-School Night and Grandparent’s Day coming up right around the corner. I’ve made a mental note to be sure to bring the camera for yearbook pictures these days, too. I also have to get volunteers set up for all the committees the board has created and be sure the people in charge have everything ready to go. And, certainly, I want to work in the kids’ classrooms. I just love being with the kids and helping their teachers. It sure brings back old memories of days in my own classroom! (Now, back then, I was really busy!) With Kate in school now, I have 3 classrooms to work in, so there will be plenty to do there I am sure.

I can’t believe I am going to have time for myself every day for five days each week...! I know I will set a personal goal to become healthier and develop some sort of exercise routine. That will be no problem with the time I will have soon. Plus, I will have so much darn energy from all that exercise, I am sure I will run around getting so much done. Not to mention I plan to treat myself to a pedicure every now and then. How fun will that be? And, although I will have so much new-found energy from my exercise program, maybe I will just take a leisurely nap every once and a while... Finally, I will keep this blog up-to-date for sure! I will have so much free time; there is no reason why I can’t…

This is where the title of today’s entry comes from… “I’m Free!” I certainly hope I won’t be bored out of my mind with all this spare time while the kids are at school. Maybe some of you could give me an idea or two of what I can do with the extra time on my hands….

HA! Maybe I was better off when the kids were still home with me? So much for my freedom…


...and now I need a nap just from writing about all I will be doing. I'm pooped!

No comments: