Sunday, October 5, 2008

Travels of Laughter

Where do I begin? It is always so hard to decide what to write about after a trip to Haiti. So many things happened, so many experiences took place. So much spins through my mind as I try to adjust back into life in the U.S. without my Haitian sons.

I will say this was one of the most “entertaining” trips I have taken in a long time. A very long time. Anywhere. This particular group of travelers, which consisted of adoptive families, were so much fun! We had so many laughs and good times. We enjoyed each other’s company. And many tears were shared. It brought the group closer together. All of these experiences enabled each of us to go home with 10 new friends.

As I mentioned, we shared many laughs. So many! Tons! As a matter of fact, I am not sure when I laughed so much or so hard? It was so good for my spirit to be able to share such happiness with my team. We all have a special place in our hearts for Haiti and Three Angels. Happy, silly and crazy times are included! Whether we giggled about stories shared, chuckled about goofy things said, or joked about something serious, we turned many things into laughter. We enjoyed each other and the situation we made from any circumstance.

God receives all the credit for forming this incredible team. Right down to the last few days when one parent was blessed with the last-minute opportunity to travel to see her children. If the Lord hadn’t sent her, I don’t know if the team would have been the same. For this, I am truly grateful! There were also some first-time travelers with us, and what a blessing it was to have them with our group. It was so wonderful to be able to experience all their Haiti firsts with them – especially getting to meet their children, siblings and grandchildren for the very first time. What sweet memories. They brought us even closer.

Each one of us brought a special element to the group. I am so thankful they did. It is because of each of them, I will always remember this trip. Thank you, Stephanie, Abbie, Jim, Tim, Jason, Cathey, Kaleb, Kristina, Todd and Megan. I had a blessed time last week. Thank you for being you. Thank you for sharing Haiti with us all. And, thank you, God, for blessing us with a glorious week!

7 comments:

Abbie said...

miss ya!

Salzwedel Family said...

Amen & amen! Colleen you have to keep us posted when you are leading a trip again so we can come along.

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I have laughed so much. I miss our motley crew!

Kristina said...

Thanks alot for making me cry!!!!

Seriously, it was the best trip I have ever taken to Haiti. Thank you for encouraging the laughter my friend!!!!

And I was serious when I said I'm only going on trips you lead from now on! Or do you consider that stalking? tee hee!

Todd wants to know when the next devotional is? :o

Kathy Eden said...

It sounds like it was an amazing trip & I'm so happy for all that went on it.

megan haug said...

i'm glad you guys were "my" first group!! it was great to see my Evansville friends and i loved meeting everyone else and making new friends. (well, i don't know...are we friends Colleen? we don't have to be. but we can if you want.)

hey i never got a devotional....

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Sure, we can be friends, Meg! Can I call you "Meg" now that we are friends? LOL

I will wire you the monthly dues. Seems I must pay people to say they are friends with me... I just don't understand why???

Devotional? What is all this talk about devotionals?

cathy.troy said...

Sorry I am a little late on reading this. Colleen you were a great leader - and I am glad that I was able to be there and enjoy this experience also!!