Sunday, August 3, 2008

"sis jounen"

In "six days" I will be back in Haiti. I am really looking forward to this particular trip for so many reasons...

I so loved spending a week with my entire family together in June. We had so much fun playing, made so many memories together, and spent lots of time bonding. This trip, however, I am travelling alone to work with the medical team. I am so excited to help out in the clinic where ever needed.

I am also going to be traveling with a dear friend of mine from Ohio. She and I have the same love for Haiti. It is going to be wonderful to see her again and experience our heart-felt passion together, serving our Lord and His people in Haiti.

Junior will be heading back to Haiti with the team, as well. My family had a wonderful time getting to know him last month. I am really looking forward to seeing him again and seeing first-hand how he is feeling and doing after a three-month stay in the USA.

And, certainly, the reason I am most excited about this particular trip is this....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



+


12 comments:

kaitlyn said...

We can't wait for you to get here, either!

Daniel and I talked tonight and we're both very excited that are moms will be here on Saturday!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Kaitlyn, you are another reason I am so excited about this trip! I cannot wait to see you and spend lots of time together with you, your mom and all the children.

Thank you so much for preparing Daniel for my arrival. I am so thrilled he understands his mama is coming to see him soon.

Kathy Eden said...

I'm so glad that you get to go again & love on your beautiful children & help with the medical team. Please give my children hugs from me...thanks! :o)

Elisabeth said...

... I have a secret... I'LL BE IN HAITI THEN TOO!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to meet you!!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Oh, I will be sure to love on your kids tons, Kathy! Tim has already given me a list (and, yes, the list is written out on paper) of children I must hug for him; and Samara is on there as #1.

Lizzie, I am so excited to finally get to meet you, too!!!!

Karen Combes said...

I can't wait to see how big Jonathan has gotten and to see him walking; and to meet Daniel. I know he was there last October; I just don't remember. I am looking forward to spending time with you in Haiti! (just wish Karla could come, too)

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks Colleen...thank Tim for me too! :o)

livingpurereligion said...

I'm so happy for you, Colleen!

Could you make sure that someone gives Rebecca a good check up? She's had diarrhea for about 2-3 months now.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Kiss my kids for me!

Love, Cara

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Cara~
Dr. Brian, a wonderful pediatrician from Michigan who has seen the children several times in the past, will be traveling with the team. He will be checking on all the Angel House children who need medical care. :-) I will be sure Rebecca is added to the list.

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

I am so excited that it is time for you and Karen to go again!! I wish I was able to go too, but maybe someday I can go with you and meet your boys!!

Have a great time!!

Salzwedel Family said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip Colleen! I can't wait until our trip in September. I'm counting down already! Safe travels...

CG said...

Hope you have a GREAT trip Colleen. I love those photos of the boys. Jonathan is really looking like a "big boy" all of a sudden! Of course, I hope you will give Justin and Peterson some big kisses if you have the time... I am missing them madly here lately.