Friday, June 13, 2008

Lucky Number Seven!


Only one week ~ only seven days ~ until we leave for Haiti. Tonight we take our Chloroquine ~ a teeny milestone of our trip. There are so many more ahead and we are so anxious to travel.
.
The kids finished up VBS this week. Today's bible point was "God gives us the power to go tell His story." My kids completely understood. Meg even shared our mission trip with the class and used it as an example as to how she is going to go to Haiti to share the story of Jesus.

I cannot wait to see how "our world" links up with Haiti for them. I pray our journey helps our children understand just how powerful our Lord truly is for us all!

7 comments:

angela said...

i know i've already said this, but i'm thrilled you're taking the whole family. this will be an unforgettable time in their lives! what a great example you (as parents) are setting for your children!!

Angela said...

How exciting that you all get to travel to Haiti together. That will be so much fun. Praying for your entire family. Hey, I might even get to meet you face to face finally. :)

It's Gonna Be Me said...

I am praying your visa's come in fast next week, Angela. However, I would love to get the chance to meet you and Shawn and see you all leave TA's together forever! It will happen in God's time and thank heavens for Him!

Karen Combes said...

Lucky #7. In Seven days you will be hugging your Haitian Children! Hurray! AND, watching your American children experience Haiti.

Thanks for the hospitality last Wed. We had such a good time hanging out with the Monfils! Tim really liked your Tim, too! Wish we lived closer. I know Julia and Meg would hit it off, too.

Salzwedel Family said...

I'm praying you have a WONDERFUL trip! I mailed you a care package yesterday to give to Anchise. Please give her lots of hugs from us.

CG said...

It's going to be such a phenomenal trip! I can't wait to see how the Lord uses you all!

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

I just cannot wait for your family to go to Haiti!! You will have an awesome time....

Kylee had so much fun at your house too. They love you and your family!

Hugs
Karla