Sunday, February 17, 2008

Where There Is Darkness There Is Beauty!


I sit here on the beach at night. The children are all asleep and everyone seems to be quietly settling into their nighttime routine. The only light around is the faint reflection of the moon hitting the water. It is peaceful, serene and beautiful.

As I look out at the ocean, I can only hear the waves. It is too dark to really see anything. I can't help but think about the darkness miles away. Millions of people sit in darkness in Haiti just on the other side of the reef, as it seems to be. I sit in the dark because it is late at night here. They sit in dark in Haiti because that is all there is there.

There are so many beautiful and luxurious amenities here in Cayman and just a swim away is Haiti with so very little in comparison. I do love it here in Grand Cayman; however, there is much beauty in Haiti so many people will just never know. I so love Haiti and thank God each day for blessing me with the knowledge of the country and love for its people.

2 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Lovely post Colleen! Thanks for sharing.

livingpurereligion said...

I SO love Haiti, too. We went out to eat this weekend at a restaurant on the beach. In fact, it was out on a pier in the water. It was hard for us to believe that just an hour and a half plane ride over that same ocean is the rest of our family. It was neat to be out there... in a way it helped us to feel a little connected to them. After we prayed for our meal, we blew them kisses across the ocean and imagined a day when we would all be together at last.

Glad you are enjoying your vacation. I look forward to being in Haiti with you SOON!