Sunday, February 10, 2008

Time To Catch Up!

Wow! What a couple of weeks it has been here. Not much “real” or substantial posting happening because of this craziness, but now things have slowed down. So, maybe I will have some time to do some writing and blog posting~ something I really do love to do!

Things started to be a bit nutsy when I was down for the count with the flu. Holy cow! Now I know why they encourage people to get their flu shots late fall. I do not think I have been that ill in…forever! I was plagued with aches, pains, a terrible cough and high fevers on and off for over 7 days. I was so very thankful our family’s schedule was not too full of things to do and I was able to lay low and rest…. The kids were so patient with Mom being out of commission. They went with the flow as Papa picked them up from school, Dad took them to lessons and games all the while entertaining themselves around the house. I really hate when I can’t “do” things with the kids, but they we so very understanding while I could not.

In the midst of my virus, we had tickets to see High School Musical On Ice. We all headed to the Chicago Untied Center with seats right on the ice. It was really very cool to be able to sit so close to the production and the kids’ very first ice skating show. The kids pigged out on cotton candy, snow cones and popcorn while singing along to the tunes of their all-time favorite Disney movies. Although I was still way under the weather, it was great to see the kids having so much fun. The drive into the city is always entertaining and we enjoyed pointing out some of our favorite Chicago buildings to the kids during the drive.

Once I began to feel a little bit better, it was time to get ready for a big PTO event at school. Along with another Mom, I was planning Tilton School’s first family night and fundraiser: The Souper Supper. We were organizing an evening of auctions, raffles, food and fun. What an undertaking! The evening turned out great and everyone had a fabulous time! We raised over $2500 for the school in 2 hours ~ which is really cool! I was so thankful for that and the re-charging the event gave me! I was beginning to get burned out with all the volunteering, coordinating and school stuff, but this event really seemed to help. It gave me a new focus and fresh look at WHY I do all of this everyday. It comes down to “all the kids” and THEY make it all so worth it!

We are now switching gears here at our house and getting ready for another family vacation. We are all heading to Grand Cayman for our annual dive trip this Thursday morning. Come Sunday next week, we will all be relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun and enjoying life pool-side. I cannot wait to get us all packed and ready to go! It is a 10-day get away for my family I look forward to every February! We get lots of time for each other and hanging out for some quality family time! It’s a great way to reconnect and enjoy each other’s company!

I am a bit sad to be missing out on an adoptive parent trip to Three Angels while we are gone. There is a great group of moms going to visit the kids at the orphanage. I would have really enjoyed going to meet all of them and spend some time with my boys. We were also hoping to have our final government approval letter by then so we could deliver our dossier with the mission group. It has, however, failed to show up just yet…. Hopefully, it will come soon and I can get all the paperwork down there shortly.

Until then, I will count down the days until the April Medical Mission I am attending and continue collecting lots of needed goods for Angel House. I have been working hard on getting donations for many needed nursery things like a baby swing, bouncie chair and new exersaucer. The orphanage has some new itty-bitty sweeties and they could use some infant and baby items. We have been so very blessed with all the generosity of those willing to donate needed items or funds to help purchase the items for the kids. Thank you everyone and thank you, Lord, for providing for the orphans of Three Angels!!!

Well, I am off to fold another load of laundry. This should be one of the last before I begin placing the clothes into suitcases. I love to be able to put all the jeans and long sleeve shirts away and get out the bathing suits, shorts and tank tops mid-February.

Have a blessed week, everyone!

1 comment:

Kathy Eden said...

I'm sorry that you had the flu...it's amazing how terrible it can make you feel...like you're almost dead :o)
Your upcoming vacation sounds really refreshing. Have a great time! Praying for your paper work to all come together very soon!!!