Friday, January 4, 2008

12 Hour Countdown

I leave for the airport in less than twelve hours. By this time tomorrow, I will have boarded the plane headed to Haiti. Although the anxieties of the unknown are not with me as I prepare for my second trip, I still get the butterflies thinking about traveling to a third-world country by myself while leaving my entire family behind.

I do look forward to seeing Jonathan and Daniel, playing with the children at the O, visiting the boys at St. Joe's again, interacting with the people of Haiti and spending time with the students at the school. Most of all; however, I look forward to the inner peace I will feel as I make an indescribable connection with God while I am there. Nothing can truly explain the relationship one develops with the Lord while in Haiti. It is quite an amazing experience knowing God is right there with you, guiding you, speaking to you and leading you through the magnificent journey. It is a blessing one can only know first hand!

5 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

You describe the experience so eloquently Colleen. Have a safe & blessed trip!!!

Karen Combes said...

My prayers are with you today as you travel to Haiti. I loved your last paragraph. You put into words how I feel about Haiti! It is an inner peace knowing you are where God wants you to be.

Blessings to you!
Karen

angela said...

well said!! i hope you're taking lots of pictures and listening to your heart!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there with you!
Hey, I am not sure if you will check this while you are there, but if you do, can you try to figure out what size shoe Sara is in. I want to bring some shoes for her in Feb but have no idea what size to get.
I hope you are having a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

CG said...

Praying y'all have a safe trip home. Can't wait for the details!