Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Holy Smokes!!!


Four days to go...!

I cannot believe I am leaving for Haiti in four days! Four more sleeps and I will be on my way to Miami to meet up with the team at the airport. (Well, actually three sleeps seeing as I have to leave for the airport at 3:00am Saturday morning.) Soon after, I will be in Port au Prince holding my boys! I am so, so excited to see them again and spend an entire week with them. My hope is Jonathan will stay with me at St. Joesph's this week, but we will have to see how it goes... In November, he wasn't too sure about the unfamiliar surroundings and preferred to be in his own crib at Angel House. I will have to wait until my April trip to enjoy a sleepover with Daniel, but that is a-okay! We will have lots of fun playing all week at the orphanage!!!

I am also so grateful to be traveling with a medical team once again. Halos Clinic will be up and running while we are there. We will again see many, many patients and all the children and employees of Three Angels. I cannot begin to explain what a blessed experience it is to be a part of a medical mission serving God and the people of Haiti. It is humbling, joyous, enlightening, exciting, saddening, tiring, motivating, thrilling and so much more!!!

....When I return, I will be sure to post all the exciting events from the trip.

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

have fun!!! TAKE A BLOOD PRESSURE FOR ME, PLEASE!! that my main job when working at the clinic, until Jennifer teaches me the more nitty-gritty stuff! praying for you!

Kathy Eden said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip! Enjoy your boys & hug my kids for me.

Angela said...

How exciting. I'm so jealous. Tell Steven and Belle their mama says hi and that I love them and miss them very, very much!!!

CG said...

Anxiously awaiting your return so we can hear all the latest. Enjoy your trip! And please love on our boys a bit if you get a chance.

Beth said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the time with your precious boys!! :o)

Sarah and Tim said...

Have a wonderful time! I cannot wait for my husband to meet our son Isaiah and you too!