Friday, December 7, 2007

Guess What, Guess What, Guess What...!

...I get to go to Haiti again! Yahoo!

There was a cancellation on the medical team for the January trip to Halos, so I get to go! I am so, so excited! I get to take care of some things I have been working on for the orphanage and see all those beautiful people again. I cannot wait to see the progress of the building, too. Plus, I get to see first-hand God's wondrous miracles take place as the team carries out His will at the clinic.

Even Tim, Meg and Kate are excited to see Mom leave for a week. Now that they know they can call me on a cell phone I will have there, they want me to go hug their brother for them. I am so, so happy I will get to spend another week with Jonathan and Daniel.
God, thank you for placing this incredible opportunity before me once again. It is a blessed gift I will cherish and use wisely. I am so grateful You have chosen me to carry out Your will in Haiti. I will do You honor by spreading Your word and love to its people once again. You blessed me with such a wonderful gift of prayer on my last journey, thank you for giving me the strength and wisdom to do so. I look forward to the discovery of my needs on this new journey. For You, nothing is too great or difficult. Your eternal blessings fill my heart and spirit and I will be forever grateful to You, Lord! In Jesus' name, Amen!

9 comments:

Karen Combes said...

Colleen:

I am so happy for you! Praise God! What a blessing!!!

Karen

Elisabeth said...

hey, do you want to call my mom and ask her to let me go too?! :) i ALMOST have her convinced! :) the trip leaves on my birthday! its the only thing i am asking for my 13th birthday!

i am so happy you are going down there again!! so are you adopting Daniel too?

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Lizzie, tell your mom we will make lunch for the team everyday. A lunch team is a vital asset to the medical providers daily nourishment and need to keep up their energy in seeing all those patients. If it’s not for us, who will make the pb&j each day…? Defintiely use that and the " 13th birthday" card with this one! I bet she'll cave.

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Thanks, Karen! I feel very blessed with this opportunity to go down there angain so soon. I also have a very understanding husband who appreciates my heart's desire to see our boys again...

Oh! And, yes, Lizzie. We are hoping to adopt Daniel if he is available after his 6 months of waiting. Pretty cool for Jonathan to be getting a bog brother, don't ya think!

Anonymous said...

Colleen:

I am so happy for you to get to go and see your boys so soon!! You are blessed to have a supportive husband and great Papa too!

The other day I heard Kate tell Kaylee that she gets to go to Haiti. She sounded so excited!

Talk to you soon,
Hugs
Karla

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Thank you, Karla! And, I mean thank YOU! It is because of you and your beautiful Haitian girls that this desire is so deap in my heart! I am so, so fortunate to be able to travel so easily. I am so very thankful for this!

Kate is so excited! It'll be an adventure to take our 3 to Haiti in June. That's for sure!

So, when are you coming with me? We need to set up a Combes-Brown-Kersten-Monfils trip for sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

That would be awesome!!! If Kait ends up in Haiti, I want to go over and see her there!!!

Pray that my husband will be as understanding :-)

Hugs
Karla

Karen Combes said...

Yes, I agree!!! A Combes-Brown-Kersten-Monfils trip would be awesome!!!! I'm going to pray for that specifically! Kaylee and Kylee are a shining example of Haitian children!!
Karen

Kersten3 said...

Wow---it was fun to see that I had been included in the Haiti trip! I've been to Haiti twice and honestly wasn't sure when I left the last time, if I ever wanted to return. But after hearing you all talk especially Colleen, Kaitlyn and Karen who have recently gone, I may change my mind. It does sound like fun! I don't have a husband to approve or disapprove--so that part would be easy! :-) We'll see!
Kelly