Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fall, Dad, Laundry and Everything Else....


Fall is definitely upon us here in Illinois. It's been a cool week and the kids are pleased to be wearing pants and jackets for a change. Not sure how long that will last, but for now it's fun thinking about piles of leaves, pumpkins and trick-or-treating.

Not too much going on here this week. I am trying to keep it quiet one as I prepare everyone for being gone. Dad is going to have his hands full of scout meetings, dance classes, birthday parties and homework. I thank God I have my father to help out so we can go to Haiti. If it wasn't for him, we would not be able to drop everything and leave the kids for an entire week.

I am getting through the mound of paperwork for our home study. I have most of it completed and signed. We go for our first fingerprinting tomorrow and have all had our physicals this week. There is lots to do, but like I said before, it is all WORTH it!

Oh! One very exciting thing is happening here today! I am finally getting a new washer and dryer! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be the owner of large capacity, high efficiency appliances. No more drying a very small 4-towel-size loads for 2 hours in a teeny-tiny machine. I will let y'all know how it all works out after I do some major laundry tonight!

Hope you are all having a great week!

Hugs!
Colleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for getting paperwork done! I loved everytime I could check one more thing off my list!
Your planning on going in November, right? I just got back a few weeks ago. Your boy has grown!
I have some really cute pictures of him. You can email me your email address and I will send them to you.
jleevradenburg@sbcglobal.net

livingpurereligion said...

Hey- Could you email me your email address, also? I have a tiny favor to ask:)
ckboone@hotmail.com