Friday, October 5, 2007

Apple Orchard...


The Monfils Peeps headed to Jonamac Apple Orchard Sunday for fun and apple pickin’. The kids had a blast climbing the hay, running through the corn maze, and, of course, playing in the silo of corn. We had some lunch and cider donuts, as well. Mike had his chocolate peanut butter fudge he buys every year ~ and as usual, had difficulty sharing with the kids. Daddy needed another lesson in sharing…

Although it was a crowded day at the orchard, we had a nice time with sunshine and a cool breeze. As we were walking back to the car ready to leave, the band played “Rocky Top…” It was a great way to end the day (for Colleen anyway… The kids thought I was nuts for knowing the words to that song. Guess Mom is becoming an embarrassment to them. It’s inevitable, I suppose.)

We haven’t spent time together as a family for a while, so it was a pleasant day for us. Sure makes me ready for a week of R&R with my peeps next week on the Disney Magic cruise ship! So, today, I plan to get the suitcases out and get to packing. Saturday can’t come too soon!!!

Hugs!
Colleen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen:

I hope you are having a great time!! I miss you! It is MUCH cooler here now, so enjoy the warm weather!!

Hugs
Karla