Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Just a Little Update...

Where does all the time go? It’s been way too long since I have sat down to add to our blog. Life is just too busy ~ and school hasn’t even started yet. Yikes! Lots has been going on in the last week or so. I’ll do my best to catch you up to date on waz happin’ here…

Tim has finished up his pre-season practice schedule for flag football. This is the first year he is trying the sport out and he has his first game this Wednesday. Mike has been assisting the coach at practice, but I have yet to see the little guy pass or receive. It’ll be fun to check him out on the field and see him in action. I will be sure to take a few pics and post them afterwards.

Megan has been quite busy planning her birthday party for all her girlfriends. It’s a week ½ late, but it was the best we could do with as crazy as our schedule has been. She has invited 19 third grade girls over for an afternoon of swimming and sweets. It’ll be a great way to get all of her friends together right before school begins.

Kate is busy being a five year old. She is very concerned about her social calendar these days and makes sure it’s full with play dates. I think she is so ready for Kindergarten and being with little people all day. Mom just does not cut it anymore. Recently she told me she “just cannot be my baby anymore…” Oh, what a sad day that was for me!

I am back at school volunteering and keeping the principal happy. A few teachers and myself have been painting murals in the school’s entry. If I may say so myself, it looks TOTALLY AWESOME! Jen, thank-you so much for the sketch of the tree house!!! You are an amazing artist and I miss seeing your work!!!

Mike has been really SWAMPED at work the past week. As a matter of fact, he was gone every night last week until at least 10:30 p.m. He was home for dinner tonight (YEAH!), but went to bed early so he would have the energy for his 6 a.m. surgery tomorrow. He did find some time to hit the water Sunday in between raindrops. I feel for the guy when he has to work so hard. Plus, I miss him around here!

I am sure there is lots more to write about, but it’s time for bed. I have another morning in the sweltering heat at school tomorrow. One more day of painting and I am all done! I promised the kids we would school supply shop in the afternoon, too. So, it’s another busy day for us!

Stay cool and enjoy your week!

No comments: