Monday, August 27, 2007

Colleen's Little Secret

Well I have been blogging for about a month now. I know we have had many visitors to the site and many of the readers are getting to know us a bit better. Or, at least getting to know what’s going on in our lives. Some of our posts have been random, but many have been about the kids, our family and what’s happenin’. Today I have decided to stretch myself a little further and share something with all of you about me… I am not much of a risk taker when it comes to opening myself up to everyone. Sure I can talk, share ideas and most definitely voice my opinion if asked, but I pretty much go with the flow as far as the average on-looker would know or say not wanting to make waves. So, in this post, I have decided to open my heart up to all our readers and let them know what’s up with me and what I have “really” been thinking about lately. I am doing this mainly for a selfish reason. I think I need to open up about this to make it more real. It’s been weighing heavy on my heart and I want to share it with everyone here (who obviously cares or else you wouldn’t be checking in with the blog, right!?) I am glad to share this with each of you, and I am doing it to take a BIG step forward…

As you know, I have Haiti in my heart and adoption on my mind. I continue to pray and wait patiently for God to tell lead me to the answer to many of my questions about this. So, while I wait, I would like to introduce you to Jonathan. He is a little guy I have been praying lots about! He is a 23 month-old Haitian orphan who lives at Three Angels Orphanage currently. Jonathan was abandoned at Angel House in July. His mother can no longer care for him, and the staff at the orphanage is working hard to get him healthy. He was very malnourished when he arrived and very quiet. He is much healthier already and is opening up to those around him. I hear he has a spunky little personality and is very capable of letting the adults know just what he needs and wants. (Hmmm… That reminds me of someone else in my family here… Right, Kate???)

Anyway, there it is. Now you all know WHO I have on my mind. This has been a VERY BIG piece of information I have decided to share being that it is very personal to me. I am not much of a blabbermouth when it comes to sharing the “inside scoop” on my life, feelings and stories. Not that it is a bad thing to share; it’s just something I have kept very close to my heart. Sometimes when we lay our heart out on our sleeves, it can get squished. I am not concerned about getting hurt, just cautious about sharing such a BIG story!

I have committed to waiting a bit before making any decisions. I want to travel to Haiti, meet the children and learn about the organization. I also want Mike to do the same, let him see how we go through this and what his impression is to it all. Mike is my rock and my link to reality. I really do not want to make any decisions based solely on my emotions. If I did that, I would be adopting every child who needs a family! I am trying to be well informed and logical about this process, too. So, until then, I will continue to pray and ask God to help me see what to do once we meet Jonathan. I also understand the little sweetie could be spoken for by the time we arrive in November. I am completely okay with that, as well. It is God’s will and I would be forever grateful to the parents who would take him into their forever family!

For now, I will continue to pray about Jonathan. We will get to meet him in November, and it will be so fun to play with him and the other children. What an incredible experience it is going to be! So, if you wouldn’t mind, I ask you add this little sweetheart to your prayers. He certainly can use a blessing from God and a forever family to make him their own. God has great plans for this little guy!

No comments: