Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another Week of School and Lots of Laundry....

Yellow and Blue Day went much better and I am sure Green day will be fine Friday, as well. Kate is studying the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear at school and working on a color unit. Thus, the color days at school. We have another week of dressing in particular colors, and frankly, I will be glad when it’s over. I am working very hard at catching up on laundry here and the need for particular colored clothes is throwing off my new found laundry system.

Megan, on the other hand, is not as thrilled to be back in school. I think third grade is going to be full of challenges and hurdles Meg is just not wanting to overcome. School has always been a bit tough for her and I think she is realizing she has to work pretty hard. She is a trooper when it comes to learning and doing her schoolwork; she just wishes it were a bit easier. Mike and I continuously make a conscious effort to praise her and remind her how well she is doing, but she is now realizing where she stands.

If Pigpen were in Tim’s class, I think our little guy would have that dirty Peanuts character beat hands down for messiest desk. We are into day #8 at school and he already needs to spend time reorganizing his belongings at school. Gotta love Tim’s creative mind and eagerness to learn, but when it comes to neatness ~ not so much! I have, however, been so impressed with his desire to do his best work in fourth grade. That was something we strongly impressed on him in third grade last year. To him, doing what the other kids did was just fine with him. He didn’t see a need to work to his fullest potential. And, taking after Dad, there is lots of potential there for him. Hallelujah, Lord, Tim has finally figured it out!
Our Little Scientist

Mike has had another exhausting week at work. This is leading into Week 5 of late nights and lack of sleep. Not only do we miss Mike here, but he also needs some rest. Our Disney Cruise couldn’t come too soon. The man needs those scheduled days at sea to rest and do nothing! And, although, sitting around drives Mike absolutely crazy, I have a feeling he is going to be just fine sitting on the upper deck of the ship soaking in the Caribbean sunshine.

I am onto the piles of pool towels now after finally getting through loads and loads of clothes. Thank goodness! Next week I am heading to Sears to buy those large capacity machines. Enough is enough and it’s time to get rid of the machines we bought when we were first married 15 years ago. They were fine for small loads for the two of us, but not anymore! I have also spent lots of time on the phone with my grandma as she was admitted into the hospital last Sunday. At 86, she is beginning to fail and the doctors continually find more complications causing her illness. I pray God will ease her pain and let her live her last days happy and at peace. Lots of emotions are streaming through me now and I have lots on my mind. Death and dying is never easy and it really hurts when it’s someone so close.

That’s pretty much the news here at the Monfils’ house. It’s just been another week getting back into school and getting through piles of laundry. I ask that you please add my grandmother to your prayers as she undergoes care at Christ Hospital.

Hugs!
Colleen

No comments: